The Mikes explore an early work by an obscure author. We enjoy what must have been a refreshing take on the vampire myth in its day and wonder when Sookie Stackhouse is going to show up. (She doesn't.) We're inspired by the Big River setting to concoct a new/classic drink.
It's Cocktail Time!
The Black Sazerac
- Chill a rocks glass with ice
- In another rocks glass place brown (natural) sugar cube, a dribble of blackstrap molasses, and Peychaud's bitters. Muddle.
- Add two shots of single-barrel bourbon, stir with ice chunks.
- Take chilled glass, add a few drops of Pernod and swing out.
- Take lemon peel and rub on inside of glass to get it smelling nice and lemony
- Strain bourbon mixture into chilled glass.